Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Why I doez what I doo, knaaa meeen?

Hey, welcome to the Exchange. I'm Brad. Quick blurb about lil ‘ol me. I'm a 19 year old sophomore at Baruch with an intended major in Economics or Finance. My activities include writing (derrh), the Yankees, videogames, showing off my iPhone, staying fly, and getting my butt handed to me in most athletic competition. It's all good, because I'm a trash-talking extraordinaire.
Why "The Exchange"?
Excellent question, so glad you asked! I've always enjoyed decent, civil forums where people have an ability to discuss admittedly controversial subjects in a fair environment. Places that bucked the "O'Reilly Factor” trend of refraining "no, you shut up!" in slightly more sophisticated language. I especially liked it when discussing big-picture questions (God, life, purpose, etc). It's a shame when I hear how people genuinely interested in knowing if there's more to this life than flesh, bones and dirt get turned away by people who fail to balance their dogmatic viewpoints with fairness and grace. As a Christian, I know that the Jesus I have come to put my confidence in wasn't the sort to needlessly bash anyone interested in learning about who he was! Plus, I've come to know Him as the answer to so many of my big picture questions and I know that by discussing and discovering the real Jesus He can be the answer for you.
So, if you're feeling me and want to see if there's weight to my statements, keep reading, this blog is for you! If you think I'm a loser talking out of his butt...keep reading, this blog is for you! No matter where you stand, you are invited to freely (though respectfully) voice your opinions.
Hope you guys enjoy this,
-Brad

4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely interesting in reading what you have to write about >:] When's your next post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad,
    I thought I already read this. I'm anxious to read some interesting color commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For Those who are checking out The Exchange, WELCOME AND THANK YOU! This will be the best form of communication on the big questions on life from religion and spirituality on topics like living the righteous life or the purpose of life as well.
    A little bit of myself I am a 21 year old senior in Public Affairs and was intrigued by talking to people about their faith and views on these questions and people were amazed at me that I would asked them not looking to bash them for their views. I believe like Brad said that Jesus is the solution to many questions but anyone is allowed in to give their own respectful opinion on him, but it would be great if you are willing to learn on him as the blog will bring some intresting topics with how can or cannot be a solution. So to all enjoy the experience of THE EXCHANGE and GET READY TO BE TRANSFORMED!!!! Peace!
    Jason Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like me too, Finney.

    But, I like you more.
    WORD to Jason's comment.

    ReplyDelete